It’s a lazy Saturday in our household.
My husband is taking a nap, my dog is taking a nap and I just woke up from one. If I had a glass of iced tea instead of iced coffee, you could say I was a true Southern Belle wallowing in the heat and humidity of the South–well, in air conditioning, but that’s beside the point.
There’s something about the heat even when you’re indoors in the comfort of a lovely 70 degrees that makes you lazy and tired.
It doesn’t help that I attended a fairly intense vinyasa yoga class this morning, which wiped me of all energy I had in store to get things done today.
Since I’m procrastinating folding the sheets and studying (more on that later), I thought I would play around with my website–do you like it??–and give you an update on my life.
- I’m still on the low-FODMAP diet for the most part. I’ve successfully reintroduced wheat into my diet, which made eating significantly better (cake anyone?? :P). I discovered lactose to be a trigger for me, the question is, “how much?” So now I’m just working with a dietitian to reintroduce some more goodies back into my diet.
- I still Bullet Journal, but I have pared it way back and switched from my A5 dotted notebook to a smaller, lined Moleskine Two Go. Still deciding if I will stick with this notebook, but I love the feel of the cloth cover and how beautiful simple black ink looks on the page.
- I’m considering joining the Plan With Me Challenge on Instagram in August, but we’ll see about that. I’m so terrible at keeping up with those and I don’t have much variety in my weeklies/dailies nowadays.
- My husband and I went to Gatlinburg for our anniversary at the end of May and I fell in love with hiking and the mountains, as I’m sure you figured out from my sudden burst of Instagram photos. I anticipate more trips in the future! We’ve also been exploring our local trails here in Nashville.
- More Grant news–he got a new job! Which means he has evenings and weekends with me now. I don’t even know what we’re going to do with all this extra time.
- I’ve been slowly but surely learning how to watercolor, with a goal of getting more into urban sketching. My two inspirational influencers right now are: Dana aka @wonderforest on Instagram and Minnie aka @semiskimmedmin on Instagram.
- Probably the biggest news for y’all is that I’ve joined a yoga teacher training program with my home studio. It’s been the most amazing adventure so far and I’m incredibly excited/terrified to be able to officially teach yoga. I haven’t been in school for a long time, so it’s been tough getting back into a studying routine. The good part is, though, that I absolutely adore yoga (even when I’m as tired as I am now!!) and I think it will be fun to share more stories with you. I may even post some flows/advice on here! I’m also excited because this fulfills the Prana in my site name.
Anyhoo, that’s all the updates I have for now. I suppose I should go fold those sheets…or study…or who knows?